Boondockers United was formed on September 28, 2017 by Kathy Reese after being on the road for just under 2 years, she saw what many other full-time RV’ers see: A need to have a voice.
Our Goals & Objectives:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our new members for the overwhelmingly positive feedback. Please take a moment to review our goals for 2018.
- Non-profit status (becoming a 501c(3)
- Interviewing board members and key staff positions
- Increase our cleanup efforts to at least one each month
- Continue to monitor Bureau of Land Management policy changes
- Attend public BLM meetings, ensuring our concerns are addressed
- Securing corporate sponsorship for overhead costs and clean up efforts
- Publish education material and provide in person educational seminars and weekend getaways.
- Create a Members Only login area on the website (DONE!)
- Develop an on-line newsletter for our members
- Open the Highway Emergency Life Line Project (H.E.L.L.P.)
(There will be a separate announcement explaining the workings of the H.E.L.L.P. program.) Look for it soon.
We have also implemented a new membership policy. BU members who participate at a cleanup event will have their yearly membership fee waived!
Being welcomed in safe, cost-effective travel areas is going to continue into the future! We have begun receiving phone calls from private landowners welcoming our members for overnight camping. Keep your eye on the website for more information.
We look forward to working together to make camp, travel and the use of our national lands an even better experience! We continue to fine tune our organization to meet the needs of our members.
Thank you again for actively participating. Our future holds unlimited possibilities!